Friday, February 14, 2014

Stampendous' Creative Palette

Good morning from the snow covered piedmont of North Carolina!  This is the most snow and ice we've seen since my freshman year of college over 20 years ago.  Its beautiful but our area is nearly shut down, including no Starbucks! What?!!!

This week has been all about showing off the new Creative Palette from Stampendous.  Its a totally new and different mono printing plate that is similar to the gelli in many ways yet very unique.   I was so thrilled when Fran introduced it so I created tons of catalog samples with printed backgrounds.  Some were cards and others journal pages, like this one.


To use the Creative Palette just squirt on some acrylic paint, brayer it out, and you are ready to print.  For this background I built up many layers of prints using the same paint colors.  On some I printed through a stencil, some the reverse of the stencil, and some I stamped into the plate.  The result is a fun mix of fiery colors. 


After my color was laid down and dry I stamped Glance on a piece of book text with black paint, tore the edges, then adhered that to my page with Gel medium.  After adding more medium on top I added some paint for her hair and skin and cheeks then blended her into the background with more paint.


Finally I added the Live Creatively stamp in black paint, inked my edges with paint, and added some additional texture with the black paint using a hotel key card to make lines.


Suplies:

Stampendous

Other:
Stencils (The Crafter's Workshop)
Paint (Liquitex basics)
Gel Medium (Golden)
Brayer
Book text
lids, hotel key card
Mixed Media paper (Strathmore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)